Tuesday, February 07, 2006

birthday boy Glen | some Cs do pretty well for themselves...

It was Glen's birthday today and a few peeps met up at Enormous Room in Central Square to toast the anniversary of his birthdom in its dark cushioned corners. At least, I *think* it was Glen. It was very dark...


I'd been slacking on figuring out/getting a present for him, but at the last minute managed to put something together...


It's a t-shirt with the letter "C" on it, for "Canada," (you might be able to make out in the craptacular freehand writing below the iron-on letter) but also, it so happens, for his current Yankee volleyball rating. One of "the last," as he regularly likes to remind our little volleyball troupe. Even *I've* been written up this year. I suspect Glen escapes write-ups by making his hitters look that much more impressive.

Anyhow... The plus sign beside it is an iron-on, put together from parts of capital letters. Last minute scrambler that I am, I didn't give myself time to shop around for a plain sheet of iron-on material I could cut out, or one with a legitimate plus or lowercase "T." It's for when he (FINALLY!) gets written up to a C+ Yankee volleyball rating.

I hope it's soon, cuz he just won't quit with the "being a lowly C" thing!

Heh.

And here it is all wrapped up...


Keep on keepin on~

No comments: