Tuesday, March 17, 2015

BETTER CALL SAUL : Wexler & McGill

I've got a kinda out there theory about Kim and Jimmy's back story. It's based on two assumptions, ones that I hope don't upset your delicate sensibilities:

  1. Jimmy and Kim are exes.
  2. Jimmy is gay (well, bisexual perhaps).

Okay, I can hear you blinking. Come on, do the math. I'll wait.

. . .

. . .

. . .

Okay, you get what I'm saying here? Kim Wexler used to be… I dunno… let's say… *Chris* Wexler. And Chris and Jimmy were together, an item, went steady, you know. Perhaps in/thru law school? But somewhere along the way, Chris realizes that he isn't all that he's truly meant to be. And he undergoes gender reassignment surgery and begins life as Kim. Maybe they break up before the surgery, maybe after, but they remain close. Given what we've seen, I have to think that Kim initiates the break-up, for whatever reason, and Jimmy agrees to move on, but of course carries a torch for her.

Crazy talk? Sure, but I like it. Give it some thought. I know it seems farfetched, but wouldn't that just be perfect?

I'll call it crazy talk…

Keep on keepin on~

No comments: