Sunday, May 13, 2007

THE HOST @Somerville Davis

My email alert/invite to check out THE HOST this week... That's right cheap tix, good popcorn, and *beers*! I found out during the IFFB that Somerville's renovations included setting up a beer (and wine, at least during the festival I think) concession stand in the lobby. I myself have yet to take advantage of it, but hey, pretty frickin cool.
-------------------------------------
Anyone wanna catch the Wednesday 7.30 show of THE HOST? A mutated menace monster movie from South Korea. While some might describe it as a South Korean GODZILLA, it really is as much LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE as it is THE BLOB. A portrait of a modern family in Seoul that just happens to be set against a monster's attack on the city.

Good crack. =)

It's playing at Somerville Davis thru Thursday night this week (alas, not in the big room : P). Cheap tix, good popcorn, and beers! Regardless of whether you can make the Wed show, do check it out!

trailer | ramble | Somerville Davis listings

Wednesday @7.30, let me know.

Also playing at the theater—GRINDHOUSE and 28 WEEKS LATER, both are must-sees for anyone who digs harrowing and creative zombopocolyptic action and drama! =)

Keep on keepin on~

1 comment:

zorknapp said...

You know, I'm not sure if I'm pro Beer in Movie Theaters. My main concern is that stale/spilled beer really stinks, and if they don't take good care of the place, it could end up with that sour bar smell...