Friday, December 04, 2009

GENTLEMEN BRONCOS

site | trailer
Thumbs WAY up for a mumbly nerd with heart, a Conchord, yeast lord Sam Rockwell, and balls!


From the creators of NAPOLEON DYNAMITE... GENTLEMEN BRONCOS! Yeah, okay. NAPOLEON D was pretty cool (I *love* it), but I think we can all agree that it was missing a few important things. It's clear to me that what it needed was...

1. More nerdiness.
2. More scifi.
3. More "special" effects.
4. A Flight of the Conchord.
5. More balls.
6. Surveillance does.
7. Yeast.
8. And, hey, what doesn't get better with Sam Rockwell?

Well, I'm here to tell you that the prayers you didn't even know you were praying have been answered! Experience GENTLEMEN BRONCOS! =)

I feel like the creator-director returns to home base with this, after what I felt was a forced detour in NACHO LIBRE. BRONCOS maybe has just a little less heart than NAPOLEON. Or maybe it's just a different kind of heart, slightly less romance-driven and more pumped by nerd accomplishment... like..., more liger, less Deb, y'know? In
any case it makes up for anything like a minus in the heart department with some really childish and awkward and wonderful other stuff.

Frickin frack! I laughed so much during this movie! =)

Sadly, I think it only had a week in one theater in Boston and apparently didn't go on to have a wide release. Crushed before it even had a chance. Fools. SEE THIS IF YOU CAN!


*SPOILER* The opening credits alone were worth the price of admission. Like the NAPOLEON opening, except instead of a montage of cafeteria cuisine, we're treated to some cover art mashups of pulpy scifi novels. Brilliant and beautiful and somehow for me, a bit tear-jerking.

Keep on keepin on~

No comments: