Sunday, July 09, 2006

silent beauty...

PANDORA'S BOX plays one more night at the Brattle...




As does Miike's wacked out Japanese folk spirit monster madness, THE GREAT YOKAI WAR! If you're familiar with and enjoy his work thus far (AUDITION, ICHI THE KILLER, the sisters' tale, "Box," from THREE... EXTREMES) you'll dig this. If you don't know Miike's work so well, but aren't a stickler for narrative... or reality... or... ummm... logic, check out this fried quirky cute, in moments, "live-action Miyazaki," fun!

PIRATES 2 on Friday w a vball-work people crossover, WAR on Saturday w Paris Jen, and BOX tonight on my own. That's what kept me away from STRANGERS WITH CANDY and A SCANNER DARKLY this weekend... Good to have a couple Good Ones on deck, right? Y'know, right after I hit TOKYO DRIFT and GARFIELD 2.

Keep on keepin on~

1 comment:

zorknapp said...

I certainly want to see the Candy movie. I'm a bit less up on the Scanner movie, unless it's a sequel to SCANNERS. Then I'm all for it...