Monday, September 11, 2006

what film festival?

Try and google "boston film festival" and see if you can find anything out about the films that are playing or the filmmakers attending...

Yeah. Not so much, eh?

A Boston Herald article link shows up, but every time I try to get to it, I get an error message. Sometime over the weekend I did find a selective write-up of festival picks in the Boston Phoenix online...

Ahhh... I *just* tried the Herald link again and it works!

Hrmm...Pretty frickin thin...

*sigh*

JESUS CAMP will be out October 6. THE LAST KISS should be in wide release pretty soon. JAM gets compared to CRASH... That might be worth checking out. I think RENAISSANCE is the only thing that looks interesting enough that I'll make an effort (besides the documentaries SAINT OF 9/11, GROUND TRUTH, and DELIVER US FROM EVIL, but I may just not be in the right mood/mind to check them out), even if it's supposed to be out in another week anyhow.

That's something that's been pretty annoying about recent years' BFFs. That the timing works out that their "bigger" pictures end up being in wide release just a week or three after their festival screening.

Am I beating up on the festival too much? Bleah. Perhaps. I have to admit I may be guilty of redirecting some aggravation at having to call off beach volleyballing earlier today, after arriving at the beach to find the inconvenient truth determined to give us a miserable day for playing.

Not a bad day for picturesque blue sky, puffy clouds snaps, tho...

The wind carries Rowan off the court...

Jacky and company huddle for warmth...

Keri's had about enough...

*sigh*

Keep on keepin on~

No comments: