Monday, September 11, 2006

Where's IDIOCRACY?


You know Mike Judge, right? OFFICE SPACE? KING OF THE HILL? BEAVIS & BUTTHEAD? He does Good, I tell you hwhat.

Well, okay. Sometimes, it's Chaotic Good.

His latest work, a feature film called IDIOCRACY, was recently released. Now, where might I look to find out about it...?

Hrmmm... Not here...
or here...

Say, it's a Fox release, I'll bet there's something here!

Gosh, nope. But thank goodness I can find out more about MY SUPER EX and JOHN TUCKER MUST DIE.

Y'know, every frickin Fox flick this summer has wanted to be my mySpace friend... Dayumn... This can't be an official page, can it? Sweet tunes, but oh, the page makes me a very bit sad...

Hey, there's a little bit of something here...

Ah! Of course! I should've checked with the wiki-geeks first thing! There's a bit of back-story on the evident smothering/non-promotion of the film, too.

Apparently, IDIOCRACY opened on September 1... SOMEwhere... Maybe someone who's seen it could give me a clue...

WTF?

Keep on keepin on~
--------------------------------------
A few dozen clicks later, I found a couple more write-ups... in the Chicago Sun-Times and an Associated Press article, complete with theories on why it's not being sold. No east coast venues? And NO FRICKIN TRAILER?!

Y'know, Fox didn't hafta completely ignore New England as part of their non-campaign. They could've had it play at the Boston Film Festival and gotten the same buzz.

Bleah.

1 comment:

zorknapp said...

I was wondering what happened to this movie. I had been hearing about it for so long, but then it just disappeared. If it makes it to DVD, I'll be sure to catch a viewing...