Sunday, January 15, 2006

birthday girl Jackie | Hey, "Dottie" rhymes with "hottie..."

"Hey! 'Dottie' rhymes with 'hottie'..."

"What, you never noticed that before...?"


It's about 2.30 am and I'm just home from Joshua's shindig for Jackie's 25th birthday. A good ridiculous ass-smackin time had by all!

Whether they liked it or not. =)


Originally I was on the fence about attending, as my baseline mass socialization factor is pretty low to begin with, and lately, it seems a bit lower than usual... Post-Thon partem malaise, perhaps? Or maybe post-holidaze...? Anyhow, I'd been waffling on yay or nay for a couple days, but when the day arrived, well, I just thought about Jackie, and Jackie goodness, and realized that I didn't want to pass up the chance to be there when she steps into Josh's place and everyone jumps out and yells, "Surprise!"

Of course, that's not quite how it actually went down, but I gotta say, Joshua and friends/accomplices did a damn fine job of keeping Jackie in the dark about the partay. Listening to Jackie explain how her best friends duped her, she sounded pretty seriously pissed off at a few of them for (apparently) blowing off her birthday. One of them helped lay the groundwork a month ago, telling Jackie that she'd be out of state the weekend of her birthday (this weekend). Nice work, eh?

Well, as this is my blog, I'll just fixate on what rides highest in my short term Hard Lemonade soaked memory, y'know, before I crash. Which I really should.

I do kind of recall a tradition of a birthday spanking, or "spanking machine," from childhood birthday festivities, but, well, what went down at this party, well, this was kind of ridonculous. But I suppose I should mention that the hand-to-bum action was not limited to the birthday girl.

Plain and simple, there was a lot of smackin of ass, as seems to be the custom among Jackie's people. "Jackie's people" being, so far as I can suss, New England volleyball players. Specifically, the subset of women players. I've observed the custom at many a tournament, indoor and outdoor, over the past three years or so, but never dared venture close enough to those involved to examine the practice at close quarters.

Tonight, I was privileged to not only witness this wonder of nature, but also blessed by two particularly strong practitioners who bestowed upon me most impressive (as in leaving an impression) slappings of the rump... Thanks very much, Mlles Dottie and Denise...


I also discovered that the ceremony includes other physical interactions, including the presentation and rubbing of the bum, the pinch and/or tweak of the nipple, and the hand-grabbing of the busoms, and can be practiced by the males of the species as well. Furthermore, such interaction is delivered in a co-ed fashion as well as amongst the same sex, with... ummm... varying degrees of acceptance, comradery, respect and... how to describe it? Retaliation.


Some individuals will apparently form alliances, but none of them prove to be very lasting. For the first time ever, I witnessed a technological advancement in the practice, the incorporation of tool usage in the custom, extending reach and leverage, as well as contact area.


Dangerous stuff.

Steve had a charming self-deprecating comeback in response to a backside smack attack, from the birthday girl, I believe...

"Ha! Can't FIND it, can you?"

Allright, I can't keep tapping away here. Due to some technical difficulties, I'm having to write from my blue-n-white G3 instead of my laptop, and it's just not flowing so well. Time to lull myself to sleep with some late night SciFi... Oooo... 2010! Love me some trippy Arthur C. Clarke goodness!~

Happy birthday, Jackie!


Keep on keepin on~

No comments: