Saturday, February 25, 2006

Saturday @home...

Saturday morning. I'm camping out in the living room in front of the TV. Nothing on my itinerary except elevating, Aleving, and soaking in televisional radiation. I just set up the rice-cooker so that I'd have some foods for my lunch and dinner. My mom would probably be pleased. =)

I'm laptopping from the living room for the first time in months. My Titanium is still more than a little hinky, but I've managed to force some extended moments of clarity from her by opening her up, removing and replacing components, and then closing her up again. More Fonzie than Scotty the Engineer, but it works for now.

I went ahead and put in an order for the new Core Duo MacBook Pro. I think that's what it's called. I don't love the product name, and I'd typically wait a year or so before buying into new tech, but, given the ailing condition of my Titanium, I felt like I couldn't NOT sign up for a new machine. While the Apple site will tell you that the laptops are shipping, they've been on back-order already for weeks, if not months.

I'm gonna start with 12 MONKEYS on DVD, a recent purchase, and a movie I haven't watched all the way through since I saw it in theaters. Love me some Terry Gilliam goodness. After that, I'll probably mix up some gruel w my rice and move on to some saved up replayTV. Probably some dopey STARGATEs to start with. I did all my catching up with THE SHIELD last night and started on the first couple of OCs from this season.

Forest Whitaker is so wonderfully shifty on THE SHIELD. Even coming at you straight, he's coming at you sideways. It IS a little tiresome, every season basically being "Let's get Mackey!" but there's so much more going on at the same time it's always good and new and juicy. Plus, with three...? four? seasons behind them they've built up a significant short-term history, and a roster of villains and collaborators, to draw from, so things can get "deep" pretty fast. I like it.

Does anyone know if Forest is a scientologist? I would never have thought it except for his conspicuous role in BATTLEFIELD TRAVOLTA a few years back. Yeah... I saw that one in the theater. Did I hold a gun to Mike or Jim for that one? I can't remember.

Remember, it's all about (space) leverage! =)

Ah and THE OC... I explained to Jackie that I've got just about the entire season this year recorded and unwatched, and when I finally do hit that, well, it'll be an ugly stink weekend...

Could this be that ugly stinky weekend...?

Only time... and perhaps a trained M.E., once my body is discovered... will tell...

Heh. Well, maybe... Who can eat that much candy at once, right?

Heh, I love on ARRESTED how anytime someone - pretty consistently Tobias, I think - refers to Orange County as the OC, Michael tells him, "Please don't call it that..."

And once, when Tobias, established analyst-therapist, or analrapist, if you will, diagnoses young George Michael with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, he uses the technical terminology, "The OC Disorder..."

"Please don't call it that..."

Ha - SUCH goodness =)

I will hafta have a get-together to screen as much of season 3 ARRESTED as I've got saved up. I think I've got all but the first two or three episodes from this season - a decent marathon.

Ah... it's started snowing...

1 comment:

zorknapp said...

There *has* to be something better for you to watch that STARGATE... :)