Sunday, February 12, 2006

snow day...

Just back after trekkin thru the snow from Zoe's for brunch w Rowan and his visiting friend Alison. Had me a "Double Play" - two eggs, over easy, w home fries, sausage, two pancakes - and an order of toast. Good foods. I'm almost annoyed, cuz it will cut down on my snacking volume for the afternoon. =)



We got there around 10.45 and it was pretty quiet, but leaving at about 12.15, the place was filling up. Rowan called ahead before we left to make sure they were open (it's blizzardy out this morning), and Zoe's told him a couple more hours, so they were definitely considering an early dismissal today.




I went to the market yesterday and it was packed w shoppers, anticipating the snowfall, I guess. What's the point of that, really, right? Granted, I was there, too, but I was out of diet cola, chips, and cookies. What was I gonna do, starve? In any case, I'm happy to be settling in for a snow day with Chips Ahoys, Diet Cokes, and some replayTV'd GALACTICA, ARRESTED, SMALLVILLE, and LOST.

Stayed up late last night watching a few from last season. Got to see one of the best things I ever saw - up there w Tony Curtis exploding for no good reason in MANITOU and a lot of RIKI-OH (aka THE LEGEND OF RICKY)... It was the scene at the Black Rock when high school history teach, Mr. Arzt, does his dynamite demo when giving the LOST "cool kids" his history lesson on nitroglycerine. I really liked his take on the high school dynamics of the LOSTers, too.

Does Dr. Jack's tattoo look like marks from Rousseau's maps? Or is it some kind of subliminal ad for ABC...?

I wish Sawyer would pull his pants up when he goes topless. In spite of that, I do give him props for his "Han and Chewie" nicknames for Michael and Jin on the raft. Heh.

Maybe I'll watch the two hours of the ARRESTED finale again, too. I watched it for the first time last night, and it didn't seem to have as many laughs-per-minute as some other episodes, but overall, it was a damn hilarious, if bittersweet, two hours. I'll be keeping it saved for a While, maybe even until the season 2.5 DVD comes out, so let me know if you want to watch. =)

Keep on keepin on~

1 comment:

zorknapp said...

It's funny, when I'm away from Arrested Development for a bit, and then watch it again, it always seems a bit clunky to me, but within 10 minutes, I'm into the rhythm of the show, and it just glides along...

And that Tony Curtis Manitou thing is FANTASTIC!!!