Tuesday, April 04, 2006

daylight (Cambridge) savings & DEGRASSI...

And I thought setting my clock-radio ahead was a pain in the bum...!



Heh, truth be told, I still haven't daylight saved the clock in my room or in my car.

Do farmers really still need this hour adjustment in this day and age? Or rather, do the big agro robots require having their internal chronometers tampered with like this?

What were you doing when you jumped forward in time this year?

Me, I lost my hour somewhen in a marathon of DEGRASSI JUNIOR HIGH episodes late Saturday night. Paris Jen and I finished off the final disk of season 3, with central plots following Wheels's quest for his biological dad, trippin on acid (it's bad for you), and the pairing up of most of the kids of Degrassi Street for the graduation dance.

This was one of the dvd boxed sets I plucked from the gnarled hands of the still-warm corpse of Suncoast Video at the CambridgeSide Galleria. I'm so glad I gave in to the sale price impulse buy! DEGRASSI really is such amazing mealy-mouthed, awkward stage, eighth grade melodrama goodness! If you were or are a fan of any of the Fox or WB teenybopper dramas, or the N's primetime line-up (which I have yet to experience in more than random one episode bites), or even the old Tnbc line-up, I highly recommend you go back and soak in some original, old-school, DEGRASSI action. Those modern shows, whether they know it or not, are all bastard children of Kit Hood and the Playing With Time workshop, the troupe who created DEGRASSI.

I think the only shows I've ever experienced that could be true and worthy heirs to DEGRASSI's goodness are MY SO-CALLED LIFE and FREAKS AND GEEKS. Of course, being too good for this American television world, both were taken from us too soon, smothered in their primetime network cribs.

How are you gonna keep me distracted from the crap you're trying to pull if you don't give me my drugs?

Oh... You're already pulling it. Guess the drugs did their job.

*sigh*

Keep on keepin on~

No comments: