Tuesday, April 25, 2006

wuzzon post-iffb...

Frack. IFFB got me all lagged on keeping up with OTHER movie events around town...

I'm committed to 3 hours of catch-up with the Tuesday 24 crew tonight, so I'm having to pass on this one (frickin frackin sazzafrazzin)...

Paul Rusesabagina & HOTEL RWANDA @Brattle tonight

Don't know what ticket availability is like, but I'd recommend calling the theater and/or bookstore for info/anticipation.

Coming up tomorrow and Thursday at the Coolidge Corner theater in Brookline (on the C line)...


Tomorrow (Wednesday), it's KING KONG vs. GODZILLA! Catch the original screen debuts of each monstrous icon, and then find out if Godzilla can truly roar, "King Kong ain't got nothin on me!" =)

I could swear I remember from my many weeks of hours of poring over my Science Fictionary as a kid that there were TWO version of KING KONG VS. GODZILLA, one produced and/or released in the states, the other in Japan, and each had a different outcome... I'll hafta look that up.

* Wack. Turns out this MIS(?)-remembering of mine made (beware of spoilers right at the start of the "Origins" section!) snopes under urban legends!

I'm 50/50 on hittin the KK&G marathon. It depends on whether I'm overcome with work tomorrow afternoon. Unfortunately a very real possibility, bleah.

And Thursday night, it's the BUFFY THE VAMPIRE SLAYER SING-A-LONG! In prime time! I've hit this once at midnight at the Coolidge, and it is a truly nirvana-like experience for BUFFY fans. Check it on your own or with your regular faithful Scoobies, you'll be among a legion of bunny-fearing friends when you get there. =)

I won't be able to make this event due to vball commitments. After bailing on two nights of ball to accomodate my indie fest movie madness, I really do need to get myself some physical activity. Lifting popped kernals of corn, even after thousands of reps, don't do much to push your cardio, y'know?

Keep on keepin on~

No comments: