Thursday, April 27, 2006

STRANGERS prequel!

Check out the trailer for the STRANGERS WITH CANDY film - the prequel to one of the greatest high school dramas ever on TV. So many classic teenage rites of passage (like telling the boy whose cherry you popped that you gave him syphilis)... so many tough lessons learned (like don't have unprotected sex with EVERY cab driver who asks)... so many lives changed (ummm... that boy got syphilis from you, and you never told him it needs to be treated).


Heavy heavy issues, truly. For some reason, though, the show's on Comedy Central. I suppose that's, like, ironic, or something...? Go figure. You can still catch it in reruns at odd programming hours, although I'm sure that will change in the ramp-up to movie release.

After you digest an episode, might I suggest you skip over to Cartoon Network and see if MORAL OREL's on? For something a little lighter, but still with those "old school" (I hope I'm using that right? I heard some teenagers use that on the Music Television channel - by accident, by accident!) family values I know you treasure as much as I.

=)

Keep on keepin on~

2 comments:

zorknapp said...

I'm glad this is finally coming out... There's some rather high powered people in this movie (Ian Holm, Sarah Jessica Parker) which makes it even more deliciously funny...

cabinboy said...

High-powered, you say! Pfah, Ian Holm! Ptui, Sarah Jessica (her face is like a foot! - Peter Griffin said it, not me!)...

What about Stephen Colbert, hrm? Of a little show called THE COLBERT REPORT? THERE'S what I call HIGH POWERED!

And he's bringing his bitch the building manager along with him, too. What a great guy!

Heh. I wonder how many of his "new" fans know that he's been brilliant before, in STRANGERS...?

I read that whatzhishead, "Nick Tortelli" from CHEERS... Alicia Silverstone's dad from CLUELESS... He's playing Jerry's grandpa. I hope there aren't any scenes of him being sponge bathed...