Monday, June 05, 2006

Remember this?

If my mess of mentally collected televisional pop hasn't failed me, I believe I saw (and heard) a sneaky-cool ad for PEE-WEE's PLAYHOUSE, coming back to the little screen this summer on Cartoon Network! I caught it during an Adult Swim block tonight, so I figure maybe it's coming back as an AS show, but don't quote me on that.

The button-pushing ad was a nice Saturday morning sentimental/"insider" treat. On screen, it's just the words "Remember this?" in white type on black, and the mellow tune that leads into the raucous Playhouse theme song plays behind it... Check out this video clip for a refresher. The CN cool kids have the ad and the audio cut out before the wild bits start up, just to be sly like that. Heh.

Hrmm... I think it was "Remember this?" Maybe it was "Do you remember this?" Frack. It was late, y'know...

Anyhow...

Mecka-lecka-hi! Mecka-heiny-ho!~

Keep on keepin on~

* Also, check out KORGOTH OF BARBARIA! That is some mighty rock-n-roll dismembering barbarian action =)

1 comment:

zorknapp said...

You are correct about Pee-Wee, I read somewhere (I honestly don't recall where) that it'd be on Adult Swim this summer. Of course, it doesn't help me, as I don't get the Cartoon Newtork... Grr...