Friday, June 23, 2006

rolling thunder...

Pretty frickin awesome. =)

Got dark in our office pretty quick about a half hour ago. One wall of it is all window, which usually heats us up greenhouse-style over the course of the day. The clouds rolled in, then we got a first crash of thunder, an then the diagonal white lines of rain. Falling hard.

Speeding down to the ground.

Crashing and rumbling and rolling. All I can see in the rectangle of sky from the office is desaturated, not even really dark, just not bright, cloud ceiling. I imagine a view from far off would be like cloud tank effects from RAIDERS or POLTERGEIST, y'know?

Damn. This would amazing to be caught in.

I wonder if we'll get DAYS of this, like the weather forecasts have threatened. Or if this will spend itself today. The doom and gloom of weather.com for the weekend scared me away from planning a beach trip. Which actually works out okay (except for depriving me of some much needed physical activity : P), cuz I've got people to see this weekend, and should really put a dent in the massive packing/moving job that I've been dragging my feet on.

Just felt like trying to catch this dark and stormy moment. The view doesn't really photograph so well, not in pixels at least.


Hohum.

Back to the digital mines. Gotta put down a decent chunk of work so I can get in a movie fixx or two tonight. CARS w guitar heros Jeff and Kim, then DUCK SOUP on my own, and I was hoping to get midnight SERENITY in, but it looks like:

((3 x showtimes) + commute(foot + T + auto))/distance > hours in the evening

O well. Still, a big night. I've never Watched a Marx Brothers film before.

Keep on keepin on~

3 comments:

zorknapp said...

Seems we're both in the middle of packing fun!

And you know, for all the comedy I watch, I have also never really *watched* a Marx Brothers film.

cabinboy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
cabinboy said...

Marx Brothers. I've gotta pay more attention when their movies show up on the Brattle schedule again. DUCK SOUP is damn entertaining. There's a decent share of cartoony physical comedy, and it's kind of mind-blowing to see that some of Bugs Bunny's tricks actually started out in live-action big screen form w these guys - they do the lookalike mimic in the fake mirror thing! And they do it really well!

There's also some darn clever turns of phrase. The one that's brightest in my memory now is a recruiting poster that shows up in the prelude to war between Freedonia and Sylvania. It reads:

JOIN THE ARMY - SEE THE NAVY!

Pretty frickin brilliant.