Thursday, May 25, 2006

LOST - before the finale...

Some loose overtired scattin and b-boppin on two seasons of LOST-ness up to tonight's finale...

I want to believe that Echo hasn't used the axe yet. (Altho I think, practically, it's done.)

On the flip side of that, I want to believe that Ecko took the axe so that someone back at the camp couldn't use it. (Senseless long shot.)

Echo. Ecko. Eco. Eco, as in ecology, as in, of the environment, of nature.

Is that an opposite to Locke? Lock, as a device that secures something valuable. Or Locke, as in Locke vs. Rousseau, western philosopher who pushed the notion of a social contract being man's graduation from the state of nature...?

Rousseau was all about the noble savage... The dirty crazy maybe a little sexy noble Mimbari savage...

Is the island having Ecko "spell" Locke at the button so that Locke can be free to roam away from the hatch indefinitely? Perhaps on a boat?

Whatzhishead, the heroin hobbit. He looked eSPECIALLy dismayed when Michael showed up. Could the hobbit have had dealings w the Others...? Maybe he was drugged to forget it...? But, having experience with drugs, it didn't completely take?

What's up w Alex? Her character almost doesn't make any sense. I mean, she seems profoundly naive. Maybe she's extra "pure" somehow...?

For a couple seconds, when Michael was brought to the Others' village. I thought the leader of the Others was gonna be crazy/not-so-crazy Rousseau.

How does the timing work out, between Claire's abduction and then visit to the medical bunker and Michael's stay w the Others? Would pirate Santa Claus not have needed his beard...? Assuming there's only the one beard?

They're testing Walt. Maybe they need to do a swap with another child with powers, who's fading, or insane. Or need Walt to make an attempt to fight or soothe some beastie.

Giant electromagnetic something or other. Generator. Bomb. Energy creature. Prison. MRI somethin or other for testing Walt or Walt-types?

He appeared to Shannon AND Sayid. First I thought that Shannon might've been a little special, a medium, for whatever Walt is or has, but ALSO Sahid? Or was it thru Vincent? Granted, Walt and Michael haven't had a lot of opps for pop-and-son bonding moments, but when they're given three minutes, Walt asks how Vincent is.

One day, when I'm in a shitty situation, and I need to get some people I don't know all that well, to listen to and give in to my irrational demands, I hope I've had a son that's been put in jeopardy, so that I can whenver anyone even THINKS of objecting or disagreeing, I can rub that in their face and they'll back down. On this particular island, missing son trumps everything, eh?

What if this is a man-made in-between place. A pocket dimension. And a whole research station fell into it, and of course, left a few holes and cracks behind in the regular world, for a ship or a plane or a balloon to slip thru after. Maybe there's a wake that actually pulls these things in. A mind can shape the firmament of it, but only so far. Maybe it's sentient, and the researchers have hurt it.

Why that list? Are they all Good people? On the fence? That's whose names were on earlier lists. The Good people.

Jim's theory, that everyone on the island has killed someone. That seems to feed the purgatory notion. I don't LIKE that. Ghosts, maybe. The dead, just willful, and in denial?

The island will heal. Will it, can it, reanimate? Not so far. We've seen bodies of pre-Oceanic dead, and survivors have been killed. What if there was a way? What if you just put all the pieces together correctly...? Could the island ressurrect?

Am I forgetting anything else?

Allright. It's a few minutes to midnight. I'm making some fresh rice to go with my leftover Chinese food. When the rice is ready, I'll start watching the finale. Maybe I'll refresh w the Cliff's Notes warm-up episode...

Keep on keepin on~

No comments: