Wednesday, May 03, 2006

zombie shuffle...

I was in Davis Square Saturday night to catch LUCKY NUMBER SLEVIN (a TON of cool noir fun) at the Somerville Theater. While I was waiting outside the theater for my friend Glen to show, I noticed that there were an unusual number of the undead in the people traffic in the area...

Even for Somerville.


I let myself get caught up in the zombie watching and didn't think to disturb any of the shambling corpses with questions as to their purpose or destination. Really, tho, what would've been the use? They're dead, they're ALL messed up, right? On top of that, I'm an EEjit for not snapping a few digital shots! I must've just been out of it, or caught too off guard by the spectacle and appreciation of it all.

And of course there was the danger of exhibiting independent thinking and behavior that would have marked me as one of the living, and thusly, a potential snack of brains tartar...

I got in maybe 15 minutes of zombie watching before Glen arrived and we went into the theater to hit the movie. I told myself that I'd definitely blog and/or google about the resurrected sightings, but curse my poor memory, I didn't think of the dead-alive "Thriller" video re-enactment again until I click-stumbled across a reference to it in the blog of hepcat gamer Russ...


...a friend of designfemme, with whom I've had the distinct FPS pleasure of exchanging virtual RPGs and Force shoves at LANbangs thrown by Mr. designfemme, aka Jeff.

From Russ's blog, I found links to photos from the event, with links off to a zombie mobilization website at halfwaytohuman.com, featuring reports, photos, videos, and a zomblog (check out the craigslist "Missed Connections").

Would've LOVED to have lurched w the crowd, altho I would've needed some help reanimating myself properly. I wish I'd known about this beforehand. Don't know if the halfways knew, but I think it would've been the most perfect thing to fill a screening of Ed Helms's ZOMBIE AMERICAN short film at the IFFB with some corpseriffic brothers and sisters, don't you?


Thanks to Russ, Christina, designfemme, George Romero, and Simon Pegg for sharing and contributing to the goodness of the zombie nation... =)

Keep on creepin on~

1 comment:

zorknapp said...

Of course, they want you to *think* it was a real event... Actually, it was just a cover to make more zombies.