Sunday, May 21, 2006

Saturday

Hit the mall this morning to pick up a DVI to video adapter so that I can push video from my laptop to a TV. Gonna need that to play the 22nd hour of 24 from this season. Frickin frackin W's immigration address bumped it and my replayTV recording schedule missed it. Alas, I was on my way home from a Jersey/NYC visit and couldn't pull any kind of manual override.

Saw an extended trailer for Pixar's CARS at the Apple store. When I first saw the teaser trailer, I was schizo-skeptical, y'know? I had this sinking feeling that Pixar was suckered into demographic strategizing in the choice of subject. That this movie originated in marketing, and not story or character. NA$CAR appeal and all.

At the same time, I thought of how this was to be the last (or one of the last?) Pixar flick to be distributed w Disney, and maybe... maybe... Pixar gave in to Disney's demo strategery because it was the last picture, and perhaps they could phone it - execute in a halfassed way, as a last poison pill in their lopsided partnership.

But, Pixar is Pixar. And Pixar don't do $hitty work. There wasn't any audio playing, so I just watched the trailer, and I could tell from the visuals, the gorgeous virtual camerawork, the grand desert, town, and oasis environments, the expressions and personalities of the car-acters (groan, I know : P), that this is gonna be Good. I will want to see this on the big screen.

Dammit.

After the mall, Rowan and I did a grocery run...

I really think sales would increase ten-fold with the addition of an exclamation mark, and perhaps an elipsis...


Suddenly... SOUP!

Indentured pork products... Does bacon really need a "New Great Taste?"


A look into the future of Suddenly Soup and Ready-to-Serve bacon...?


What the F is "Mountain Maze?"

Nuts. No creamed eel.

The rest of my day and night was spent at the office. It was the first day this year that I wore shorts and sandals to work.

Keep on keepin on~

2 comments:

df said...

does Joe ever wear shorts to work? I don't think I've ever, ever seen him bare his (I assume) pasty Caucasian pegs. That boy is unable to withstand temperatures below 78 degrees.

cabinboy said...

It's a touchy subject. I think that his uncle and cousins were attacked by wild printed shorts. Only one of his cousins survived the carnage. Joe's the one who found them...

What was left of them...