Thursday, August 24, 2006

a vball booty call...

A cheat of an entry. An edited copy/paste of a volleyball roundup email I sent out this morning...
-------------------------------------
Move over, Pluto! There's something "meatier!"

Get it? "Meatier?" "Meteor?"

Yeah, it doesn't make astronomical sense, but hey, I don't write this stuff!

Oh, wait, I do write this stuff...

Geez, how do you guys stand it? I think I'm gonna unsubscribe...

=)

I've committed myself to non-beach happenings on Saturday, so I'm now just looking for bodies for SUNDAY at the beach. The forecast doesn't look tip-top, but hey, 30% chance of precipitation is 70% chance of volcano activity!

Or somethin...

Let me know when you'd be able to get there. I'm still good to get a net up by 10.30 once we get the peeps.

Keep on keepin on~

* Note, the sad pun-chline above was repurposed from a KFC commercial some years back. Popcorn chicken (aka fried who-knows-what), I think it was. Inside a KFC, we see a bunch of kids getting some original recipe gristle before a forecast meteor shower. The manager guy is in the foreground talking up the new, bigger, juicier popcorn chicken—bigger bits of chicken, same herbs and spices, you know the spiel. He's just wrapping up when behind him a kid points out a window and shouts, "Meteor!"

Manager guy looks into the camera, holds up a bushel of popcorn chicken, and says, "They sure are!"

p.s. Really and truly, I love me some popcorn whatever-the-f-it-is. =)

-------------------------------------
p.p.s. Anyone else notice how their restaurants became so godawful depressing once the name changed to KFC from the full Kentucky Fried Chicken? That's not just me, right? I mean, empirically, these "restaurants" are just sad, curs-ed, perhaps. Maybe it's a deal with a devil to maintain the original recipe goodness. Perhaps the KFCs are built on hellmouths, conjunctions of ley lines...?

Godawful depressing.

And what's up w those biscuits? Are they actually cooked?

I am a sucker for original recipe.

1 comment:

df said...

it ain't the same anymore, Kentucky Fried Chicken. Le sigh.

Is there any other place (in Mass) that makes fried chicken? I mean, besides Popeye's? That's what I miss about living down South: Fried Goodness. The Rebels know how to make 'em. If ya ever down there, cabinboy, pick up some fried chicken from Publix. I swear, this grocery chains makes the BEST!

btw, I hate the bastardization of the name. It's too IM-speak (ie, KFC, OMFG LOL.)