Saturday, August 26, 2006

who the F is "free to be?"


I've seen these green billboards around town on my commute for maybe a month now. At first I only saw wrestling (WWE?) and GILMORE GIRLS being pushed, on a network going by "CW." No idea who or what CW was. After a while I just guessed that it must be something like CN8, a Comcast-run network that will feature syndicated shows in rerun or second run. Then I saw posters pushing SMALLVILLE and my VERONICA MARS on this CW, whatever it is. I *know* UPN wasn't giving up VERONICA, and SMALLVILLE's a solid Warner Brothers property getting second run play on ABC Family already. So, WTF? Did SMALLVILLE flip to UPN (for whatever television industry shenanigan reasons, the WB lost BUFFY to the U in its last season, so I'd seen it happen before) and UPN get bought up by, or made over as, CW?

I don't know.

But I'll find out.

=)

(Probably in commercials on UPN or the WB.)

Keep on keepin on~

2 comments:

zorknapp said...

My understanding is that basically, the WB and UPN are combining, as WB has some basic shows, and UPN never really took off... Although I could be wrong about this...

cabinboy said...

Wack. So, WB + UPN = CW? I dunno that I like that math. I wonder which channel will "win" here in Bostonia, U38 or WB56. Well, just so long as I can find my SMALLVILLE and VERONICA in a regular way.