Thursday, August 10, 2006

why didn't NIGHTWATCH stick around...?


NIGHTWATCH. I'm sure it played at the Kendall, but probably only for a week or two. I just don't get their f'd up programming there. I mean, the Brattle is the Brattle. Most of their programming is one-day or a weekend only, but you can check out their schedule for a whole season all at once. The Kendall, week to week, it seems like you will consistently get the opening date, but the limit of a "limited engagement" isn't always posted.

Bleah. I guess I should've been paying more attention is all...

Still, what's wrong w the frickin frackin mainstream that NIGHTWATCH would only be carried by the likes of the Kendall in the first place? Bleah. Now I'm gonna hafta win the Brattle's Guaranteed Request Raffle to see it on the big screen. But what to double bill it with...?

UNDERWORLD would be a little too similar, and I think it would be bad form to have them go back-to-back. Perhaps an old-school Hammer vampire flick, with Peter Cushing? BLADE would be a very good fit, but that doesn't really feel like taking advantage of the Brattle opportunity and ambience...

Hrmm... I never did get to see that so-so lookin' VAMPIRE HUNTERS flick that came out of Hong Kong a couple years back...

A Japanese horror flick... Maybe the first JU-ON. Or how bout something more mundane...? BATTLE ROYALE? Heh. Dayumn, that would be pretty satisfying. Or, along those lines, ONG BAK! Just for a helluvalotoffun.

Ah, but I'm losing the whole double-bill thang...

SHAUN OF THE DEAD could work. HIGHLANDER? Not quite... Forces of good vs evil in the modern world. Dayumn, that sounds like every other anime I've ever heard of, and maybe a few dozen manga adapted for live-action film.

I know! I'll hafta look for some horror/suspense from S. Korea. Or maybe pick a Chan Wook Park flick - OLDBOY. Awww yeah =)

Dayumn, now I wanna put OLDBOY and BATTLE ROYALE together... hrmmm... And ONG BAK and DRUNKEN MASTER 2... Guess those could be other raffle tickets.

It's for a good cause and all, right?

*sigh*

I'll hafta think about it some more. If anyone's got a good idea for a NIGHTWATCH companion flick, do let me know.

Keep on keepin on~

1 comment:

df said...

heh, the part about the animated fella instantly reminded me of that Shriekback song "All Lined Up":

Tired of all this crawling around
Realising the joke was on us
Reaching out to the obvious
Starting with an answer not a question
Our most acceptable businesses
All aligned in just one direction
Organised on the same lines
With one face - one side

We got all lined up
We got all lined up
We got all lined up
All lined up
All lined up