Saturday, November 04, 2006

tussin' along at home...

Robitussin (aka CVS's Tussin)... Gotta love it.

Especially if you walk home at 2 in the morning in what was reportedly 35 degrees and then cough yourself awake repeatedly a few hours after you crash. I think I shall have to take a bottle with me to the movies tonight when I go back for more PUSHER fun.

Because of my serial hacking, I ended up bailing on a friend's short film shoot. I was gonna be a gaffer type I guess, y'know—tote that film barge, lift that film bail, or whatnot... I really didn't have anything else "on deck" so the morning sorta slipped away wrapped up in bed, dosed with tussin, and flipping thru comic books.

I spent a chunk of the afternoon looking up TV repair places, but the most favorable-looking candidates are all out of business, or at least, have changed their frickin phone numbers. Stupid internetz. Can anyone recommend a repair shop or service? This is not a speciality HD/flat screen/plasma/projection TV (there were a couple services that specialized in house calls, but only on the level of "home theater" equipment, bleah). It's just a large tube, with a flat (not curved) surface. I tried calling Philips's help line, which according to their website was supposed to be operating today, but got a message I'd have to call back during their regular weekday hours. I was hoping to get some leads by getting the names of local authorized Philips service whatchamacallits...

Not to be.

Once I got myself consistently vertical (I could look up repair info online from the futon w the laptop, and the phone is cordless =), I pretty much puttered around the homestead all day... Assembling some organizer-type Target purchases and moving my stuff around... half-assedly, but making baby steps progresswise in the whole settling-in campaign. I put together my Ikea boxy shelf thing in my room last weekend (or was it two weekends ago?), but haven't yet populated it. That's coming along now...

Slowly...

Bleah. Allright, mostly I've been wrapped in a blanket in front of one screen or another watching my stories, nyeah : P

Big Saturday. Hoo-ah!

Keep on keepin on~

No comments: