Wednesday, October 04, 2006

colors

I like the beach...


That's what I was thinking about when I finally got around to picking colors for my bedroom. Also, there are some colors that show up every few days in my stuff, clothes and whatnot, that I catch myself liking when they happen to show up together. Makeshift palettes, donchaknow.


I also kept flashing to this (now) old book cover image for THE SHELTERING SKY. I never once picked up the book, but I dunno, it must've been alphabetically close to some author or authors I was in the habit of scanning when at the bookstore. Or perhaps it wasn't repeated exposure, but just the striking colors. I could only find this one image online, but it's not very true to the original hues, at least, not the ones burned into my brain. But I think you'll see the trend...

The color swatches are combos I came up with using Behr's online color coordinator. They run more towards the book cover and my stuff than the real and true sandy and blue beach and sky. The darker blue, "Evening Symphony," was what I started with, but when I saw the first coat dry down darker than I expected on the actual walls, I decided to change it up and go with the lighter, brighter "Provence." The "beach" color is called "Pumpkin Butter."

I'll get some pictures of the actual painting up soon. I'm hoping to get it all done by Monday or Tuesday. I started with the taping—which took WAY longer than I imagined, covering the moldings and two-tone and all—on Sunday night, then a first coat of blue paint late Tuesday night, which didn't get done until 2am or so. I was unable to get any shuteye until about 4.30am. Was getting hit with hacking coughing fits so that I couldn't fall asleep. Not liking THAT, bleah. I think the flip-floppin weather and temperature has suckered my system into a cold.

I'm back home from a movie now, and settling in. I'm gonna go for coat number two of (the new) blue tonight, probably around the same time.

Hohum.

Keep on keepin on~

No comments: