Saturday, December 24, 2005

render unto Caesar...

Is that how that phrase goes? Is that from Shakespeare or was it translated from Latin from a real primary source at some point... Or - no, that's some of that righteous word as dropped by G-zuss, yeah? Church and state talk from the Man Him-self. Go figure.

Isn't it funny how Romans get British accents in the movies? That just makes them automatically Roman, somehow. Or more authentic. Odd.

It's 6am, Christmas Eve. Not a hint of color to the sky outside yet. I wished a couple of people a soulful solstice this week in emails. That just passed, right? Shortest day of the year? Do the stices and noxes all fall on 22 or 23? The solstice really is the mother of all winter time holiday ceremony. Pagan... pagan-ish, at least. What with the "War on Christmas" and all, a solstice greeting has got to be least likely to offend anyone and still be seasonally appropriate.

I like riffing on the holiday greetings that Colbert and Cordry whipped off on comedy Central - "No matter what god or gods you worship... or don't, godless heathens... have a merry Christmas!"

Do the Scientologists have a winter holiday? Phaeton-wacking day?

I've been up all night tending to my Santa animation, putting presents together, thinking about pondering packing for the trip home, but not actually picking up any clothes or books or whatnot and truly getting ready. What's going on right now is I've got my computer rendering what I hope will be a final version of my digital holidaze thingamabob. I know it'll turn out to be too long. I wish I'd had the time to edit it down, and figure out better sources for audio, and shoot myself some better source materials for a page, and... and...

Ah well. This is the nature of this particular project in my life. Every year it's pretty much the same. This year, objectively, well, as objectively as I can offer in my sleep deprived, teeth shifting state, is very very very down to the wire.

Hopefully I can get something that doesn't suck posted before I hafta hop on the train. If I can stay awake once my journey starts, I'll work on cobbling together a holiday 2005 spam of an email.

Frack. I wanted to add links to the page for the Brattle... Ah, maybe I can do that once I'm home.

Why do I do this to myself?

Cuz you're an idiot?

Oh yeah...~

Crap, is my putting "Phaeton" in this entry asking for some kind of attack...? Crazy bastard alien animal spirits! But, it's the Phaeton what made me do it. I'm not responsible for any wrongdoing, it's the work of these alien ghosts muckin w my brainwaves. The best way to deal with it is to forget it ever happened and move forward with a clean, unresponsible, guiltless slate...

I dunno that I got that anything close to correct, but that's the gist I've picked up from DAILY SHOW, SOUTH PARK, and dinner party convo authorities...

Rambling now... Gotta pack.
Keep on keepin on~

No comments: