Friday, February 09, 2007

Best. T-shirt. Ever.

Can you guess what movie I saw at the Brattle tonight? =)

That's right, PRINCESS BRIDE. I didn't know it til I saw the credits roll, but Mark Knopfler did the soundtrack. Apparently they only let him use a Casio keyboard. It would be awesome if they'd let Knopfler take another crack at it with some real instruments. Other than that, just as fun and sweet and clever and smart as I remember. =)

A little disappointing that no one was up for catching this gem on the big screen tonight, but the 7.30 show had a good crowd, enthusiastic audience. Downstairs at concessions, I heard that they were having trouble tracking down the last of the tees for customers because they were selling so well. And upstairs, grand seeing some parents bringing their kids in to see the flick. The cast is just excellent. Would love to see them all rounded up to do another kooky film. Alas, except Andre...

Vizzini: No more rhymes! I mean it!

Fezzik: Anyone want a peanut?

Peter Falk and Mandy Patinkin are great in everything. Cary still pulls off a weaselboy that I actually root for. Maybe because the movie created/found an even more insufferable vomitous pig in the king. =)

In the end credits, it's "Introducing" Robin Wright as Buttercup. Kooky. Fred Savage, what a frickin brat. Was funny overhearing that some college kids didn't know who he was. Fangirls can really clap up a storm.

Keep on keepin on~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"And clearly, I am NOT the fool." I love that sequence.

Amie Adams said...

That is the best shirt EV-AH!!

I love that movie!!!