Saturday, February 10, 2007

Watch-A-Thon: update

Applause, please, for newest donors, the parentals, and Our Man In Hollywood, Mr. Linsky! Most excellent to see you on the board again this year!

And now, the latest targets aquired in my movie massacre...
  1. January 31. IMAGES. Brattle Theater.

  2. January 31. THE HOLY MOUNTAIN. Brattle Theater.

  3. February 4. PLANET OF STORMS (w short "The Cameraman's Revenge"). MFA-Russian Fantastik Film Festival.

  4. February 4. TO THE STARS BY HARD WAYS. MFA-Russian Fantastik Film Festival.

  5. February 6. DISAPPEARANCES. Brattle Theater.

  6. February 7. SHINOBI. Brattle Theater.

  7. February 9. THE PRINCESS BRIDE. Brattle Theater.
A linked title will send you to my blog ramble for that movie. I've still got unfinished ramblings for several of the movies, and need to get down some notes to self on the Jodorowsky films—EL TOPO and HOLY MOUNTAIN—before I completely lose my recollections. Those two "midnight films" are a little crazy but totally brilliant and fun, provided you open your mind just an oontz. And both films will be playing at weekend midnight shows at the Coolidge come March. Good crack. =)

I hafta admit, I hit a bit of a slowdown this week. Some poor sleeping habits, busy-ness at the office, and perhaps the diet of popcorn and lemonade, have been pushing me and my already far from tip-top system into that scatterbrained zone, y'know? Where I find myself leaving home in the morning and having to go back once or twice to get something I've forgotten, or double-check something I should have taken care of, leaving behind my cellphone or camera, or even my shoes for volleyball. I'll be a little relieved once I come out on the other side of the 'thon next weekend. As well as totally fried, if I can motivate for the Schlock-Around-The-Clock marathon... =)

So, rolling into the last week my plans and options lay out as follows...

Today I'm hoping to hit the early shows of the romantic "creature double feature" at the Brattle. Tomorrow I'm gonna see the afternoon PHILADELPHIA STORY. Tuesday I may make it in for BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY's (love seeing the A-TEAM's Hannibal Smith and Mr. DAMNATION ALLEY opposite the lovely Audrey =). Not sure if I can manage CASABLANCA on Black Wednesday, and it's up against "one of the most beloved Russian films ever," THE AMPHIBIAN MAN at the MFA.

Keep on keepin on~

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Keep up the good work. I'm planning on seeing #19 and #20 at the HFA tonight.

Definitely see _Amphibian Man_ if you get a chance. Cheezy fun!

- Ryan