Monday, February 19, 2007

NAMESAKE & HOT FUZZtival @the Brattle!

An alert about some upcoming gems exclusive to the Brattle...

March 15. THE NAMESAKE.
site | trailer | Brattle
Based on the wonderful novel. I recently finished the book off (was a little thrown at the beginning by some jumps in voice, but settled in for some goodness about a third of the way in, and very much enjoyed the read), and it's the first time I've encountered the Brattle referenced in literature. It was cool and slightly reality-warping. I think I may often sit in seats that the characters chose. =)

Last night at the Kong, I asked Ned if the film had done any shooting at the theater and he replied in the negative. Alas, after scanning the trailer, I gather that the adaptation for the movie unfortunately relocates the novel's Boston and Cambridge storytelling to NYC. O well.

March 16 thru March 25. The HOT FUZZtival & HOT FUZZ!
site | trailer | Brattle
The HOT FUZZtival series features films of the supercop genre that inspired creator-innovator-geniuses Edgar Wright and Simon Pegg to conjure up HOT FUZZ. Ends on March 25 with a preview screening of HOT FUZZ with the creators in attendance!

Also, just cuz—Man, before THE MESSENGERS today, I caught the most recent trailer for 300... Anyone who doesn't see that in theaters needs to be punched in the neck.

Keep on keepin on~

1 comment:

zorknapp said...

Are you going to be at the Hot Fuzz event with the creators? Attend in my name!

I saw the preview for the 300 movie also. It looks like a filmed comic book, with some of the angles, could be interesting.