Friday, February 02, 2007

what movie should I see tonight?

At the Boston Common...
  • The Messengers
  • Blood and Chocolate
  • Catch and Release
  • Dreamgirls
  • Stomp the Yard
  • Freedom Writers
  • Letters from Iwo Jima
  • The Queen
I'd really like to see THE MESSENGERS, but feel like it would be much better with a partner or group. I want to see CATCH AND RELEASE for Kevin Smith's performance, but don't really care so much about anyone else. I don't know that I'm in the mood for serious—FREEDOM WRITERS, LETTERS, THE QUEEN—but those feel more like solo movie options, y'know? I think all of the others would be better with at least one spotter.

At the Brattle...
  • Disappearances
This is around for a while at the Brattle. I'd like to see it tonight so that I can see it again if I really dig it... I have a feeling this is where I'll end up. Almost an autopilot thing at this point. =)

At the Harvard Film Archive...
  • La Belle noiseuse
This is only playing tonight, so that *might* be enough to get me to detour here once I get into Harvard Square... if that's where I end up taking the T and all...

*sigh*

Looking ahead to the weekend, I definitely want to catch THE DANIELSONS at Coolidge Corner, and most of the films in the Russian Fantastik Film Festival at the MFA. Alas, a volleyball tournament is most likely gonna kill my Saturday afternoon (and keep me from catching anything midnighty tonight).

Short notice, but feel free to hit me with any suggestions or votes, and, regardless, I'll be sure to let y'all know what I end up seeing.

Keep on keepin on~

February 6, 2007. Thanks much for the suggestions!

Alas, I ended up taking Friday and Saturday "off" from the Watch-A-Thon. I was kind of deflated by some news at the end of the day Friday and ended up puttering around at home and soaking in some VERONICA MARS. Saturday was all about a coed-reverse vball tournament in Clinton with Glen, Keri, Kara, Angel, and Steve. Despite our unwinning record of 2-6, a pretty fun day. Unfortunately a rough day on my lower back. I've almost exclusively been setting when I've been playing ball (league once a week for most of the winter), and playing as hitter and blocker on the men's net is something of a shock to my system these days. Frickin frackin back pain. Man, I am falling apart. Post-vball on Saturday possible MESSENGERS option fell thru, but no worries, I'm sure I'll catch that soon. Probably just as well, anyhow, as my back kept me from being able to do much of anything else anyhow. Bleah. Saturday night was about some work while catching up with UGLY BETTY.

That is all~

2 comments:

zorknapp said...

I'd vote for "Letters" or "The Queen."

Although I'd rather have Scott Thompson playing the Queen.

Anonymous said...

I would have voted for Dreamgirls-but I don't have the brainpower for anything like the Queen or the rest of them right now. Unless of course, as zorky says, Scott Thompson is playing the Queen. He would have so won TWO Golden Globes for playing the Queen!