Saturday, February 17, 2007

Watch-A-Thon: scorecard going into the final lap...

Many thanks to newest donors, designfemme, "Aces" Berman, and Rowan, who, along with the parentals, has made a (capped) pledge per-movie to support my sickness. I also have it on good authority that Atomic Mouse will drop some tax-deductible change into my Watch-A-Thon busket. =)

And now, the latest victims in my movie murder spree. Awwwwh yeah...
  1. February 10. BRIDE OF FRANKENSTEIN. Brattle Theater.

  2. February 10. THE MUMMY. Brattle Theater.

  3. February 11. THE PHILADELPHIA STORY. Brattle Theater.

  4. February 13. PUCCINI FOR BEGINNERS. Kendall Square.

  5. February 14. LETTERS FROM IWO JIMA. Kendall Square.

  6. February 16. ALL BUGS REVUE. Bugs Bunny Film Festival. Brattle Theater.
Sad to say that harsh conditions on black wednesday kept me from trekking to the Brattle for CASABLANCA or commuting in to the MFA for AMPHIBIAN MAN. Just as well I suppose, as I heard tell later that the Brattle had to close mid-screening because of some kind of engineering/utilities issues in the area. The phrase "exploding manhole covers" was overheard in a discussion of the incident tonight at the theater. Yikes.

The Watch-A-Thon counts so far...

Brattle films: 15

Films at other venues: 19

For the purposes of the Watch-A-Thon and pledges per film, Brattle films count as 2, and films at other venues, 1, which puts my factored 'thon count at 49. Wack.

The "finish line" is Sunday night, and I'm hoping to pack in a few more big screen hits before then. The Brattle's got the Bugs Bunny Film Festival running for the next week or so. Tomorrow evening, I'm gonna hit the Schlock-Around-The-Clock festival, 15 hours of Q-grade filmic achievement—hoo-AH!

If I can remain conscious long enough, I'm hoping to make my way over to the ICA to catch an Alloy Orchestra performance to Buster Keaton's THE GENERAL.

It's a good thing I don't have a life, eh? =)

I hope to motivate on some more rambles of the films I've consumed lately. EL TOPO, HOLY MOUNTAIN, PUCCINI and LETTERS do deserve some recollecting and praise.

Keep on keepin on~

No comments: