Sunday, February 18, 2007

Watch-A-Thon: unofficial final count

Barring my being forcibly abducted and taken to a movie before 5.30 tonight, I've now got a final count for my Watch-A-Thon hits. The newest notches in my theater seat are all from last night's Schlock-Around-The-Clock all-nighter...
  1. February 17. SHANTY TRAMP. Schlock-Around-The-Clock. Brattle Theater.

  2. February 17. TROLL 2. Schlock-Around-The-Clock. Brattle Theater.

  3. February 18. WONDER WOMAN. Schlock-Around-The-Clock. Brattle Theater.

  4. February 18. BARB WIRE. Schlock-Around-The-Clock. Brattle Theater.

  5. February 18. JOYSTICKS. Schlock-Around-The-Clock. Brattle Theater.

  6. February 18. POOR PRETTY EDDY (aka BLACK VENGEANCE). Schlock-Around-The-Clock. Brattle Theater.

  7. February 18. THE MAGIC LAND OF MOTHER GOOSE. Schlock-Around-The-Clock. Brattle Theater.

  8. February 18. BRIDE OF THE MONSTER. Schlock-Around-The-Clock. Brattle Theater.

  9. February 18. THE TERROR OF TINY TOWN. Schlock-Around-The-Clock. Brattle Theater.
I was hoping/planning on making a 2pm ICA screening of Buster Keaton's THE GENERAL, with live musical accompaniment by the most excellent Alloy Orchestra. However, while pondering yesterday the 15 hours of fried celluloid I would be consuming overnight, I decided to tag myself out of the option. Looking back now, I do believe I chose wisely.

Adding in the nine films from last night, the Watch-A-Thon final tallies come to...

Brattle films: 24

Films at other venues: 19

For the purposes of the Watch-A-Thon and pledges per film, Brattle films count as 2, and films at other venues, 1, which puts my factored 'thon count at 67. Wack. Maybe I'm jumping the gun on counting all nine films from last night. Shouldn't I, tho? I guess I'll wait til the count at the "finish line" tonight. If the schlockfest counts as two Brattle flicks then that brings my factored 'thon count to 53. I'll post an update on the official count later tonight.

Keep on keepin on~

No comments: