Saturday, February 24, 2007

snaps from the week...

Paris Jen was the super bestest and took me to Chick-Fil-A to celebrate the Watch-A-Thon's conclusion. After that we saw THE MESSENGERS, a simple but well-crafted little box of horrorific fun, brought to the big screen by Sam Raimi and the Pang brothers. I'm looking forward to seeing young Kristen Stewart get a ton of juicy little-miss-voice-of-a-generation (HEATHERS, anyone?) roles in the future. IN THE LAND OF WOMEN is next, I believe. Frack, can't believe I dropped THE OC from my primetime hitlist just in time to miss its last season. Did I hear that right? The series finale aired this week? *sigh* I really did enjoy that show. Man, Seth would be a great guest on VERONICA MARS. =)

If you look closely at the photo, you'll see that the straw that I drew at Chick-Fil-A was... well... not a straw. It had been mechanically pinched near one end, rendering it useless for drinking. I don't quite understand how that happened. The pinch is a seal, with machine-pressed marks and patterns. Why would a STRAW-making machine even have that built into it? I mean, if you look at it, it's not like it came out of a machine that makes bendy straws, and maybe this straw just wasn't aligned correctly, cuz you'd see the bendy pattern, not a frickin *seal* you see? It doesn't make any sense...

Oh, at the Watch-A-Thon finish line, Ivy polled the thon'ers as to how the timing compared this time around versus last winter's, which ran in October-November. Perhaps it was post-schlock numbness, but I honestly could not reckon a preference, or even mentally perform a comparison. Ryan and Stephane both expressed a preference for the October-November option. Better movie-going weather, I think. Barring Revelations or Bruckheimer level phenomena, I say any weather is movie-going weather. Expect that I shall be harrassing you on the Brattle's behalf once again in eight months or so. =)

Fancy-shaped windows are being replaced in some of the offices at work. Some of the young Democratic fundraisers we share the floor with had some perhaps hippie, perhaps Valentine-inspired, fun rearranging the corky bumpers used to separate the new panes in travel. A damn sight kinder than the last time windows were replaced—some punk had sharpied the F-bomb onto one of the new panes. Frickin kids!

More "window love," only, across the way.

The face-huggers are coming in nicely this season, no? Heh. This bank of flowering shrubberies along the Boston Common takes on a ghastly aspect when encased in refrozen ice and snow.

Man, I wish I had four-wheel drive...

Or a frickin garage...

*sigh*

Keep on keepin on~

1 comment:

zorknapp said...

Oh, you can just speed out of that little snow bump, can't you?

I've had snow tires on my car for about 6 years. I think it's time to change them, probably in March/April...