Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Q: You know what would be really great with some vanilla ice cream...?

A: This apple strudel Pop-Tart I'm snackin on.

Toasted up they smell all apple pie. Or maybe it's apple strudel, if I knew exactly what apple strudel was. Have I had apple strudel? I really cannot recall.

Anyhow, they are VERY tasty, especially for Pop-Tarts. My longtime standby fave flaves have been strawberry frosted (or is that frosted strawberry?) and chocolate frosted (again w the reverse wordage question...). Gotta say though, that apple strudel tops them both. Even with a point or two off for crumbliness - I'm not sure if it's from the bready part, which maybe they've turned into something more pie crusty, or from the flavor bits (pardon the technical jargon) on the outside, y'know, embedded in the drizzled frosting/sugar.

Really, would be a perfect mix-in or smoosh-in. Damn lactose intolerance!

I suppose I could smoosh-in some lactaid pills with it, tho.

Just sayin~

I also really dig their bitterfilmsy squiggly stick figure promotional art and animation. Y'know, dinosaur at the breakfast table? Apparently they're pushing some kind of webisodes at the Pop-Tarts site that I'm just not ready to commit myself to. (I've still got half a season of OC and V.MARS saved and unwatched! =)

Keep on keepin on~

4 comments:

df said...

YES! Bitterfilmsy! That's exactly what Jeff and I thought. I'm a bit saddened, however, that most viewers will not know the origin of inspiration for these disturbed, wobby, unevenly eyeballed stick figures :(

zorknapp said...

Am I one of the few people out here who eats Pop Tarts raw?

cabinboy said...

Alas, Madison Ave. seems to be sidetracking Bitterfilms's Hertzfeldt and just doing the unevenly eyeballed Tarts without his help. Item #2 at the FAQ.

I suppose it would be difficult to defend as a copyrightable style/creation, but what would it hurt to get - if not the absolute original CREATOR of unevenly eyeballed stick figure-mation - the greatest INNOVATOR of the art, in on your marketing endeavors, right?

I always wondered about the Ritz Bits commercials from a few years back. They seemed somehow very Nick Park/Aardman in some elementary way, but didn't use any characters. The cheese sandwich ones - Ritz bits crackers rolling around and scoopin up cheese on the moon - of course, seemed like the perfect spinoff of "A Grand Day Out."

cabinboy said...

There was a time when I would go for Pop Tarts tartar, but I haven't done that in a long while now. I definitely prefer the warmed Tart to the cold or room temperature. I've seen at the market that there are a few flavors that are pushed as "Great Frozen!"

I have my doubts.