Friday, March 10, 2006

some cheese with this whine...?

It's not quite 11.30pm and I'm back and showered after a BVA team fundraiser evening tournament. If it seems kind of early to be back for a big winner, well, you're not wrong.

I feel like I'm building a pretty strong case for being a tournament jinx. You add up the talents and skills of the teams I've been on, even when underrated for a tournament, in general, they... we... should make a better showing than we do. Bleah.

And tonight was another opportunity to play w some new players that I consistently enjoy playing against and watching - Julia, Sara, and Ben S. Keri was our captain, and she's probably sick of me, heh. The other Brian on the team is sorta familiar, probably from tournaments, but didn't really know him from league play, y'know? All very good players. And I had to go and jinx us. Foo.

True, I'm coming off of... Well, okay, maybe I'm still sort of right in the middle of... a sprained ankle from almost three week back...

Yeah, yeah. It's a bit too soon to be back on the court, but... You know how much I love playing, as illogical as it may seem - how am I a match for this sport? - I just can't NOT play, y'know? It's ALWAYS gonna be a bit too soon.

Heck, my ankle was probably still sprained from the last time I turned it when I rolled it this time.

Bah.

Sorry, not a lot of interesting or productive (if it's ever) writing here. Mostly a slow steady vent and getting thoughts out of my head and into words for me to examine...

I shouldn't be playing yet on this ankle. It's just getting me frustrated.

But...

I'm not gonna NOT play. So...

I've just gotta suck it up. Bleah.

I'm not a jinx.

Maybe.

I'm gonna wrap it up with an ice pack now and go watch the BSG finale. The writers will dazzle me for 89 minutes, and then in the last minute, make me hate them, I'm sure. Does EVERY season finale HAVE to be a cliffhanger?

Dean Stockwell wants to be a Cylon, doesn't he?

And unless Sharon was wired into EVERY raptor on the rescue raid on Caprica, that one that found the "hidden" planet, had to have a Cylon on board, right? To set the trap. Richard Hatch, Cylon?

Let's find out...~

Keep on keepin on~

No comments: